Saturday, September 8, 2012

Grandmother's Choice

Barbara Brackman has just started a new block-of-the-week series called GRANDMOTHER'S CHOICE.  The theme of this series is women's rights, specifically the right to vote.

Several historic/symbolic color schemes were suggested, and I've chosen to use the gold and white combination which was commonly used by the suffrage movement in the United States.

I was busy last week with house guests, so I just today had a chance to work on the first two blocks.


I enjoyed working on Brackman's CIVIL WAR SESQUICENTENNIAL series last year.  The one-a-week pace is good for me, even though I dropped out later in the series when my dad fell and broke his hip.  I was pleased with the quilt I did using those blocks, and hope to make it all the way through this time.


***************