Monday, April 23, 2012

Daybook 04/23/12

 
I used to do daybook entries with some regularity long ago, before we moved in 2009.  Since then, I deleted many years' worth of old blog entries, (I started blogging way back in 2004!) and I'd forgotten about daybook lists.  I was reminded this morning when I was browsing some new-to-me blogs and ran across a lovely daybook post.  It inspired me to do one of my own ... and who knows: this may become a regular Monday thing :)

Outside my window ... it's mild and breezy and sunny, the tulips are blooming and the cherry tree is blossoming, a robin is busy searching for insects
I am thinking ... about colors and to-do lists
I am thankful ... for hard floors rather than carpet in my sewing room, so much easier to find dropped pins
In the kitchen ... tomato soup is warming up for lunch
I am wearing ... faded comfy jeans, a denim snap shirt, socks and Reeboks, my usual ponytail
I am creating ... my April UFO Challenge project
I am going ... to the grocery store this afternoon
I am wondering ... about a phone message I left
I am reading ... Egg Money Quilts by Eleanor Burns, Angela's Ashes by Frank McCourt
I am hoping ... that the roll of batting I ordered will arrive very soon -- I'm all out and therefore I'm stuck on hold with a couple of projects
I am looking forward to ... having the yard fence replaced in a couple of weeks
I am learning ... to be selective
Around the house ... ants in the kitchen, a sure sign of spring
I am pondering ... the possibility of weeding out some of the weird stuff in my dresser drawers
A favorite quote for today ... "I walk regularly for my soul and my body tags along"  Sarah Ban Breathnach
One of my favorite things ... lately has been sitting on the back porch enjoying the birds
Plans for the week ... Farmers Market, printing and mailing the Historical Society newsletter, taking Mother to the beauty parlor, rain in the forecast for Thursday, Stitchy Fingers on Friday
A peek into my day... I got this charming vintage letter rack at the Farmers Market last week.  It makes me smile as I come down the stairs ~


********************