Monday, August 1, 2011

August

 Today's the first day of school here in Bear Valley, summer is winding down already!  Aaah, remember having new shoes ... and the smell of freshly-sharpened pencils?

**********

Here are a couple of the Comfort Quilts I've been working on recently.  The tops came out of the guild's storage tub ... I'm just doing the quilting and binding.  It's kind of funny that I'm finishing up someone else's UFOs instead of my own.  The floral one is going to Meals on Wheels, and the patriotic one will be sent to Wounded Warriors.  There are several more similar tops slowly making their way through my workroom, also :)

**********
GRATITUDES

1.  A wonderfully mysterious foggy morning
2.  Goldfinches feasting on the sunflowers in the yard
3.  New calendar pages -- they both have sunflowers! :)

***************

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want Autumn to arrive so badly I even put a countdown ticker on my blog. I do remember school starting, and the smells of all the new stuff, all the new peechee folders, new pencils. It's nostaligic to think of it now that we don't have to go to school anymore! LOL

Pam in KC said...

It's hard to believe it's time for school to start.

The Calico Cat said...

I'm ready for Summer to be over, but starting school in August - that is just mean. (Is it because they get so many snow days?)