Just a small "show and tell" piece today. This is the first block in a BOM series being run by my guild this year. It will include both appliqued and pieced basket blocks. I'm going to do all of mine in 30s repros, and all the baskets will be filled with yoyo flowers.
With January under way, I think I've settled on my agenda. I'm presently committing myself to six ongoing projects per month:
1. Judy's UFO Challenge -- getting this done each month will be dual-purpose, because it will give me a comfort quilt to donate each month besides using up some of the B-a-D blocks
2. Judy's Monochromatic Challenge -- most of these will be table runners. Another dual-purpose commitment, because I'll sell them in the boutique at the guild quilt show in September.
3. Album Quilts of Miami Valley -- a small group I belong to that will be holding a monthly block swap, some appliqued and some pieced
4. PrimfolkArtQuilts Yahoo Group 2011 group project -- I'm doing Barbara Brackman's Civil War Quilt for this activity, so four or five pieced blocks a month
5. Guild Basket Blocks BOM -- one a month, some appliqued and some pieced
6. Friday Block Party -- I'll play along as much as possible, with no immediate plans for these blocks.
So, enough to keep me busy, and enough variety that I won't get bogged down. This sounds like a lot in a list, but basically it's six or so blocks, a runner, and assembling a UFO. I have a reasonable expectation that I'll be able get these done each month. (Haha, subject to change and whim of course) And as soon as I do get them under control each month, I'll allow myself to START SOMETHING NEW ... which will be exciting because I didn't do much at all "new" last year, just B-a-D.