Monday, August 9, 2010

Starting the week

Nick phoned over the weekend, with the good news that he and Stacey are coming out for a visit in October. Love to see my kiddos!!!!!

Sooooo ... of course I immediately decided that I need to make a new October quilt :) Here's a test block from Lynda Hall's Punky Doodle Corners pattern, and I'm ready to get going on the whole thing. It always feels good to come back to prim/scrappy -- this is really my style.

I've been dragging my heels with the B-a-Ds. Still keeping up, but just barely, because I don't care for the fabrics or colors. I WILL grit my teeth and get that done, but this one I'm excited about, as was the case with Appleseeds a couple of weeks ago. Heading off to cut scraps ...

***************

8 comments:

Diane said...

Oh I love the name of that quilt-love the colors too.
I understand about using colors that aren't your fave in these bl-a-days. The 9" brights I'm doing-yuck, real sorry I picked those colors..yea, they'll make a nice quilt, but not fun to look at, cut and sew (for me anyway). But when I'm using the CW or batiks I want to flip ahead to the next block in that colorways size and make it!

Unknown said...

This is going to be a classic Jeanne quilt - and what a lovely reason to make it :o)

Alice said...

I love that quilt! It will be wonderful! What a nice reason to make a new quilt too! It will automatically have memories attached.

black bear cabin said...

love the new quilt square and the colors...but thats an awful lot of HST's....ugh! :) Obviously you managed with no troubles! Im sure it will set the mood for a perfect visit with family! (watch out though...they may try and steal it from ya :)

Angie said...

I love your colors and the block. I always think of you and scrap quilts together. I do the same with Finn. :) I'm thrilled to see you back in your 'zone'. Can you believe that Fall is already nipping at our heels?

julieQ said...

Pretty fall colors!! I am so glad you are having a visit from the kiddoes...

Andee said...

That block is gorgeous! Very fall!

Texan said...

Beautiful colors in that block!

I am looking forward to fall, we have roasted this summer.