Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Tuesday

A bit of excitement here in the valley yesterday -- a tremendous windstorm/icestorm blustered its way through, knocking down poles and cutting off power for much of the day. We're back to normal now, but several more storms are predicted for the coming week. Whew, it was a cold, dark, windy day!

**********
Before the electricity went out, I'd just started fiddling with this project bundle, a UFO from at least 2007, maybe earlier. It had a few stars already completed, and I got more sewn yesterday morning. I'm mulling over what might come next. This will be my "get something done now" project, to complement my other one-block-at-a-time-all-year-long projects.

********************

13 comments:

Three Birds Inspired said...

Now THIS is when a treadle machine would be nice to have around!

Texan said...

What a storm you guys had!! Glad your power is back on...

LOVE this quilt your working on, the colors are so good! But then you always put together the best colors when you make a quilt!

Anonymous said...

Wow, that's always scary when stuff like that falls over! Glad you got your power back. I was sewing yesterday too, it was windy and blustery at our place too, so it was a perfect day to stay in and sew!

Diane said...

oh that is a scary picture of the downed pole! I hope you keep going on the star quilt...luv it.

sewprimitive karen said...

Those poles are gigantesque when on the ground. Those blocks are wonderful, what pretty greens and browns. Thought at first the "stripe" (really tall trees) was the same fabric I'm currently appliqueing vines with but it's different.

Jenni said...

I hope you have some heating that doesn't run on the electricity. The star blocks look nice - I've been cutting out some star blocks too.

Alice said...

That must have been a heck of a wind! I'm glad you have your power back again.

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

Wow - what a storm. They seem to be missing WA and heading south - hope you fare better in the next round.

Nice blocks - that is going to be a great quilt.

Anonymous said...

It does look a little bleak doesn't it. The blocks, however, are wonderful. Can't have enough green, I say LOL.

Unknown said...

Lovely sawtooth star blocks - not so good about the power lines down - trust you have alternative lighting and heating supplies in store

QuiltingFitzy said...

Love those stars! The colors are wonderful.

I get your weather about a day later, stormy last nightand more expected Thursday. We only get 9" of rain per year, so any rain is appreciated!

Vicky said...

Another gorgeous set of Spiral blocks. It's going to be lovely, no matter what you do decide to do! We've had awful blowing-sideways rain today. Hailed a few minutes ago. I'll be seeing white mountains in the morning!

Meggie said...

This looks so fresh & pretty!