Friday, January 18, 2019

RSC19: January - RED


RSC19: January - RED continues.
I set my sights on consuming some larger 
chunks of red fabric this week.

 A quick and easy approach: how about turning them into a strip quilt?  I used to make lots of strip 
quilts for guild charity projects, but haven't 
done one in several years.

I got the strips cut and joined in one morning's 
sewing session.

And the sew/divide work was completed in a couple of hours another afternoon.

Borders to finish things off, and now I have several yards less of odd red stuff in my stash and another top ready to become a donation quilt. 

and enjoy more RSC red projects!

***************

8 comments:

Cathy said...

Yay YOU! That stripy quilt turned out so cute! Who wouldn’t love it?!!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Wow!! Way to make quick work of those random RED fabrics from your stash. Excellent project for the RSC!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That's such a great idea! Looks like it went together quickly, too!

Sue McQ said...

Hi - how wide did you cut your strips. So pretty.

Karen's Korner said...

What a great scrap busting project. Well done

Angie said...

Oh I love it!!

Katie Z. said...

Ooh, that’s a lovely use of chunks!

Ellen said...

Great job on using up those scraps and transforming them into a happy donation quilt.