Wednesday, November 8, 2017

Cornucopia

Progress report on this week's UFO:
This project came out of the storage tub as a partial block set from an abandoned sew-along from several years ago.  It was originally intended to be a sampler layout that repeated each block halfway through, so I already had doubles of most blocks.  Last autumn I pulled it out and decided to aim for a medallion arrangement instead.  I needed to make additional repeats of the existing blocks to balance the layout, and also introduce more entirely new blocks to make it larger overall.  I didn't complete all the piecing at that time though, and put everything away again. 

So autumn has rolled around once more, and this week I got the urge to try again.  And this time I did complete all the blocks and get them set together.  I'm very pleased with this result -- the medallion developed beautifully I think.  I still plan to add a final narrow plain beige border to float the whole thing, but that'll be easy.  This was definitely a successful
Plan B conclusion for these UFO blocks!
My quilt-holder-upper isn't home, but I was anxious to share, so we're enjoying a birds-eye view from the top of the stair landing.

***************

1 comment:

doni said...

Wow - that is striking! Congratulations on a great "Plan B"

doni @ Oregon coast