Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Daybook 07/18/12


I'm feeling ... relaxed and ready for the day after my morning walk and coffee
I'm seeing ... (and smelling) fragrant rose sage blooming in the front yard
I'm hearing ... two clocks ticking
I'm thinking ... about Halloween projects in the newly-arrived Primitive Quilts and Projects magazine
I'm planning ... a busy small-town weekend: a Summer Theater Festival play in the Village, a pancake breakfast at the Masonic Lodge, and our local Old Miner's Day heritage parade
I'm going ... to drop off several bags of clothes at the thrift shop (cleaning out that closet bit by bit!) before I go to the market and the post office this afternoon
I'm reading ... Thirteen Moons by Charles Frazier, one of my favorite books
I'm wearing ... a pink tee shirt and blue crop pants
I'm cooking ... pork tenderloin smoked on the grill served with sweet potato salad
I'm creating ... newborn quilts for a comfort quilts project
I'm enjoying ... our local wildlife: a pair of coyotes on the driveway last evening, bats swooping around at dusk, rabbits out in the grass early, ground squirrels and chipmunks dashing across the deck
I'm sharing ... a photo of the old barn at the historic IS Ranch down the road :


***************