Friday, December 16, 2011

Up next


Now that I've finished the Christmas quilts and the comfort quilts, I couldn't resist pulling fabrics for a new project!  I decided to jump ahead to February with pinks and reds.  It's another inspiration from Primitive Quilts and Projects magazine called Lincoln's Platform.  Hmm, since Abraham Lincoln's birthday is in February as well as Valentine's Day, it'll be a multipurpose quilt, right? :)  Realistically, I won't get much done on it until after the holidays, but I was just itching to dig in those stash tubs today.

I'm also stewing about the little house project.  If I'm going to do the 366 block-a-day version, I need to decide pretty soon.  They'd have to be small blocks -- not much bigger than 3 or 4 inches -- to all fit in one quilt.  Or I could just make *some* houses ...

**********
GRATITUDES

1.  Flannel sheets
2.  Tamales for supper -- it's the first day of Las Posadas in Mexico and here in California (haha, we celebrate everything!)
3.  My buddies in the sewing room

********************

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's going to be a really pretty quilt, I can't wait to see it. Your sewing buddies are so cute!

sewprimitive karen said...

What a gorgeous quilt your buddies are using! What a good idea for the next quilt. I made a Lincoln's Platform that I just love. Those houses! I can't imagine making 3" houses.

Deb said...

I just love your 3 in a row buddies, I remember the days when...I agree with Karen that quilt they are on is just as much a showcase.

Your new project is gorgeous and you are coming along well and so fast.
Will hopefully see your progress in little houses I am going to make the same probably 7 a week that way it will be easier than one a day