Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Tuesday already

Whew -- I just blinked my eyes and almost a week has gone by! Keeping busy as usual: I finished assembling my Christmas stars top and it's ready for layering. Meanwhile, I've been doing some quick-and-easy strip piecing. I need another couch throw. Elvie's a nest-digger, and he's hard on the furniture :)


I'm continuing to make steady progress on my sampler blocks, too. I like the hand piecing more than I expected to. It's accurate, and surprisingly quick. The template cutting takes longer than piecing the block.

And I'm finally gearing up to start on Judy's lovely quilt-for-an-hour project, Morning Splash. I'm only two weeks behind -- better late than never!

**********
GRATITUDES

1. The aroma of coffee brewing first thing in the morning
2. The late afternoon sun sparkling on the lake
3. Orion rising high over the poplars

********************

2 comments:

antique quilter said...

looks great I am working on a rail fence too!
maybe you should consider making a denim quilt for his "couch"
Kathie

Sew Create It - Jane said...

Love those quilts...nothing like a good simple pattern! ;o)