Thursday, September 23, 2021

Oak Grove

Here's a UFO that hasn't seen the light of day for 2 1/2 years.

I finally pieced another block, at long last!  
I cut all 1500+ diamonds in 2016, so this is just about sewing now.  The blocks are large -- 18".  They use 105 diamonds each, which is a LOT of opportunity for bias stretch.

The blocks are finally adding up.  I think I'm going to assemble one more, and then use plain fabric for the setting triangles rather than the chopped pieced blocks used in the original.


This is one of my bucket list quilts,
 so it reemerged rather than disappeared .

***************

2 comments:

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Oh wow! This is an amazing design I haven't seen before. It's no wonder you fell in love with it!

gayle said...

This one is on my bucket list as well! Yours is gorgeous!