Wednesday, May 5, 2021

Ladies Aid Sampler

Barbara Brackman's

#2 - A Variation - Grapevine

This month's pattern is a 'prize cow,' an image that is very common in the vintage New York quilts that inspired this BOM.  Since there are no cows anywhere near my current urban location, I decided to customize my block.  I've subbed in a cluster of grapes: we actually have two kinds of grapes developing right now on the vines along the side of the house!  This quilt will be an appliqued sampler celebration of my own surroundings.


***************

2 comments:

Magpie's Mumblings said...

I like the thought that you're personalizing the project to your own surroundings! I'm looking forward to seeing what you do next.

Robin said...

A cow on a quilt has never appealed to me. You've come up with a great solution.