Thursday, January 13, 2022

American Stars


Today is the first installment of
 of Barbara Brackman's 2022 pieced BOM


Each month Barbara will discuss a noteworthy American family, and their influence on the current events of their time.  Pieced four-pointed stars will represent these families.  The 12" blocks can be created using either templates or foundation papers.  We begin the series with the McKim family's accomplishments, and
 
STELLAR MEMORY

I will be using soft reds, blues and pale yellows for my blocks throughout the year.  I'm considering a strippy layout for my blocks. 

*************** 

2 comments:

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Wow - another complicated block! Glad it's you making them and not me!!

gpc said...

What a pretty block. I love star blocks, so this sounds like an especially fun project. Not for me, at least not at this time; I am having a lover's quarrel with everything Americana (again) this year, but I will e enjoy seeing your creations.