Wednesday, January 19, 2022

Schoolhouse Sampler


I've been working on a new embroidery project during TV time in the evenings.  This is the SCHOOLHOUSE SAMPLER by Dropcloth Samplers, my favorite embroidery designer.  I'm also enjoying following along with the daily lessons for this sampler on Creativebug.  That's more of a social opportunity than a learning experience for me though, because I've been 'stitching' for 65 years now -- pretty much have all those bases covered at this point. 

A specific memory:  when I was 5, my mother had me 'stitch' little pre-printed embroidery squares, and then she made them into a small flannel doll blanket.  This was prior to my brother being born in 1957 -- she wanted me to feel mommy-ish toward my doll rather than resentful toward a new baby.  Through the years my mom and I didn't have a great relationship, but she did all kinds of sewing and needlework, always, and therefore so do I. 

 Anyway, so far, so good with this latest embroidery :)

***************

1 comment:

Magpie's Mumblings said...

I can see the zentangle influence in this design. It looks like fun to stitch.