Thursday, February 25, 2021

Rainbow Connection: Violet

 Way back before the holidays, I set up a challenge for myself to work with a designated color each month in 2021.  I'm calling it my Rainbow Connection series.  My plan is to do a color exploration each month, following in order around the color wheel.  My January assignment was red-violet, and my color for February is violet.

I chose to use violet this month in combination with its complement, yellow, to make a small half log cabin quilt.

Our neighborhood is filled with jacaranda trees, which will be blooming up and down the streets in another month or so.  I'll use this violet quilt out on the bench on the front porch to celebrate the beautiful blossom color.

Next month I'll be working with blue-violet, and I already have something in mind.

*************** 

2 comments:

Magpie's Mumblings said...

I think this is a great challenge! I don't think I've ever seen a picture of a jacaranda tree in bloom - they're beautiful!

Robin said...

My first time seeing a jacaranda tree in bloom was in 2006. They are so lovely. And I know a lot of people complain about the falling blossoms but the splash of color on the ground is as delightful as the display of color in the tree. Your little mini quilt turned out wonderful, love the light yellow too.