Tuesday, October 22, 2019

Ongoing Odds and Ends


I was excited to finish up with Daredevils yesterday, and to put that group of fabric away -- it's been piled on my table since June.  As I was tidying, I did a roll-call of some of the other piles still there.  These are all ongoing piecing projects for when I need to fill a few minutes of sewing time without making creative decisions.

I'm still plugging away at the tiny little churns for Temecula Quilt Company's DASHING THROUGH THE SNOW sew-along.  I have about 3 dozen done, and I'm beginning to think about how many more to do: what size will I want my finished project to be?

And I have a few 'dark warm' log cabin blocks happening. ( 'warm' meaning 'no blue' )  I'm aiming for 48 of these I think.  Log cabins are my very favorite quilt blocks, and I haven't pieced any for quite a while.    

I'm also using little scraps make small courthouse steps blocks.  This is an ongoing activity, just trying to keep the bright scraps under control, and will continue until I get 'a lot' done.  

*************** 

No comments: