Tuesday, September 17, 2019

Starting off small


I was so happy to have an unscheduled day at last -- I got to spend the afternoon in my sewing room today, for the first time in many many many weeks!!!

I have several ongoing projects that need to be restarted, but I decided to get the ball rolling with something small and fun.

Temecula Quilt Company has just introduced an easy sew-along called DASHING THROUGH THE SNOW.   If all goes according to schedule, this will result in a lap-size quilt just in time for the holiday season.  I really enjoyed doing the holiday project Temecula offered last year, SECRET SANTA, so I'm going to putter along on this new one and see how far I get.  We're making red and light churn dashes, lots and lots of 'em!  These are TINY 3" blocks.


**********
For several reasons -- including but not limited to health and travel -- I haven't completed very many quilts this year.  Some of my projects are very-long-term by definition, while others have achieved 'top' status, but have not made it to the finish line.  Time for me to reassess my quilting goals.

***************

No comments: