Saturday, August 24, 2019

RSC19: August - purple


Although the official RSC color this month is light blue, I chose to work ahead on my purple blocks for August.  Here are my latest Burgoyne Surrounded blocks.
I'm calling them 'purple' because the large rectangles are purple, but they're really as much rainbow-y as they are 'purple.'  Color placement beyond the large focal point rectangles is random and bright.

The block set is growing.  I like making these and will probably roll this project over into next year's Rainbow Scrap Challenge. 

***************

2 comments:

Libby in TN said...

It always fascinates me how fabric and value placement can change the look of a block. Please keep going on this one!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Those are such interesting blocks! I love the chain the runs through them, too.