Wednesday, July 8, 2020

Stitch Club - June

I've been sporadically working on some hand stitchery for Alison Glass Stitch Club.  Finally made it to the final section of my ochre kantha project, and I'm still expecting that a soft jacket will eventually be the result.  

This month's technique is sashiko, and I'm ready to begin puttering with a small square of that also.  Absolutely nothing in the way of sewing has been happening lately -- I'm totally on hold with quiltmaking, and seem to have lost my mojo entirely.
We'd been hoping (fantasizing) that a trip to Boston to visit Nick, Stacey, and Rhiannon would be possible this summer, but it seems more and more evident that travel isn't advisable. We have also been discussing the possibility of moving.  We'd like to be closer to the kiddos, and downsizing a bit certainly wouldn't hurt: this is a big place to take care of and we're not getting any younger.  But the daily news continues to be so disheartening … we're feeling very challenged about making any life-changing decisions right now.  

So, just drifting through the days here.  And I'm afraid things are going to get worse before they get better.
   
***************

3 comments:

julieQ said...

First of all, your hand stitching is just lovely! I too am drifting through the days. WE cannot go anywhere, except I go to the hospital to work and to the grocery store. That is it. So I am really trying to sew and sew and sew, although caps is what I am mostly making.

Magpie's Mumblings said...

I think you're not alone in the day drifting - it's happening to a lot of people. Today was one of those days for me too - but it's mainly because it's so hot and humid at the moment. Haven't done one thing today besides a quick run to the drug store bright and early this morning.

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Doing wonderful stitching with your projects.
Yes, I find I'm up and down mood and ambition wise these days.