Saturday, June 6, 2020

RSC20: June - pink

It's been such a difficult week.  I've taken a few days to process all that's been happening around the nation.  I have no good answers or conclusions.  I decided it was time for me to take a deep breath and move ahead.  

The RSC color for June is pink.  As I was rummaging through scraps looking for pink bits, I came across a bundle of little blocks that I didn't recognize.  They were from a Temecula Quilt Company sew-along that was running in April, and somehow I'd forgotten about them amidst the distraction of pandemic-ing. 

I actually had sixteen little blocks pieced, but only thirteen of them found their way into this
 'Pink Lemonade' mini quilt.

Enjoy more pink projects at 

Meanwhile: onward -- I'm taking it one day at a time, living in the moment, and being mindfully grateful for all that I have in my life.

***************

7 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Pink Lemonade - love it! A pretty combination of colors!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Super sweet mini quilt!! With all that's going on in our world, it's no wonder you forgot about these small PINK (and yellow) blocks. Congrats on your finish!

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

Isn't it fun to find something nice you forgot about? What a pretty mini! A cheerful quilt for our current hard times.

Kathy S. said...

Love the colors of your pink lemonade quilt. Adorable!

Cathy said...

What a perfect name for a perfect little quilt. Pink Lemonade is so cute!

The news for the last ten days has been jaw-dropping, heart-breaking and more than I can process. I have chosen, for now, not to talk about it on my blog, but know I might regret that decision (or change my mind later) because I use my blog as a sort of journal. I have it printed into yearly books. My better self would be out there joining the peaceful protests...

Cathy said...

I have lots of blocks I seem to move around and forget about too even in the best of times. Pink Lemonade was a great idea.

Your bout of sciatica must be better, I hope? I saw on Sunshine that you were troubled with it.

Magpie's Mumblings said...

It's been a difficult week for sure - a few months actually. Good thing we have our stitching to help us keep a balance. I would say your quilt blocks were a lucky find!