Saturday, March 28, 2020

Ella Maria Deacon


This past week I spent some time taking inventory of all the projects I have going.  After evaluating the whole array, I decided to continue working on a few of them slowly, and to finalize a few others immediately.

Ella Maria Deacon was my first 'finalize' candidate.  I haven't worked on this sew-along for several months.  I wasn't particularly enjoying the variety of techniques that the blocks required.  So I decided to assemble the blocks I'd already completed, and call it a day. 

And here we have it: a nice lap quilt top instead of a UFO!  This will move forward to the To-Be-Quilted basket, and the fabrics that were pulled out and waiting to be used can all be returned to general stash.

***************

3 comments:

Julierose said...

Great idea; this turned out beautifully! I am pondering my UFO's to see how i can cobble some together into a "whole" and then actually use them...~ ~ ~ ~waving to you Julierose;)))

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Nice! And clever to turn blocks you weren't enjoying doing into something useful rather than letting them languish in a drawer somewhere. Kudos!

Robin said...

What a sweet little quilt. It's like an Ode to Ella Maria Deacon. I have a project that I would like to do this same thing to but I don't have enough blocks done for it to turn out this well. It's a great idea. Hope things warm up for you soon.