Tuesday, March 24, 2020

Day by day


These days are so weird: the entire globe seems to have entered a twilight zone.  Bizarre and difficult-to-absorb news, which changes every hour.  I feel like I'm existing in slow motion somewhere in a dream.

**********
As a distraction:
Laundry Basket Quilts/Edyta Sitar started an appealing mystery sew-along the other day.   All the blocks are 6", and we are making multiples of each to create a balanced medallion-style quilt.  The series is only running for two weeks, and we're on Day 5 already, so it'll be finalized before I get bored and drift off.


 The official colors are bright pinks and blues, very summery and clear.  I chose a more dusty muted autumny palette of terra cotta and teal.  So far, so good.

***************

2 comments:

Julierose said...

I agree with that dream-like state we find ourselves in; long long days and worries ....(or rather "in which we find ourselves"-- I can hear my Eng. teacher groaning)
I like your color choices for that SAL-- nice blocks,
Stay safe hugs from afar, Julierose

Magpie's Mumblings said...

I like your colour choices too. I wonder what it would look like in black, white and greys. Don't wonder enough to find out on my own though! Lovely to see so many different quilt/sew/knit/crochet alongs happening right now all over the internet world. Many different options to choose to help us cope. Stay safe, stay well.