Friday, January 17, 2020

RSC20: January - green


I tried a new block this week for RSC, and it's a keeper.


The block is called Square Knot at Missouri Star Quilt Co.  I ran across it a while ago, and it's been ripening in my idea file, waiting for its opportunity.  Info and instructions are HERE; they're based on 2 1/2" strip sets, but I'm just cutting pieces from odds and ends.  I'll be using 30s repros and random ToT lights for these blocks, both of which need to be reduced in my stash.

I still have one more idea simmering in my mind for RSC20 -- hopefully I'll get it together for next week's green report.

Enjoy more green RSC fun at
SCRAPHAPPY SATURDAY

***************

13 comments:

Robin said...

This is a sweet block. I haven't seen it before. It looks like they go together fast.

Mari said...

These are very cute blocks! They'll make a nice quilt. Looking forward to your next idea!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That is a great block! It looks complicated until you go in a little closer and see how it's made. Definitely a keeper!

Deb A said...

What a fun block. That is going to make a pretty quilt.

Julierose said...

these are really pretty--love the light airy feel of them hugs, Julierose

The Joyful Quilter said...

Enjoy your new RSC block, Jeanne!! It looks like you are off to a great start.

Quilter Kathy said...

That is a fun block and your greens are lovely!

Jenny said...

I love that block, thanks for the info. Great for scraps and I like working with 2 1/5 in strips.

Julie in GA said...

Very pretty blocks!

Magpie's Mumblings said...

I've never seen that block - looks great!

Jo said...

Fresh and bright blocks....i bet they work up fast!

Linda said...

What a pretty Blocks and such lovely fabrics.

Katie Z. said...

That’s a beautiful block!