Tuesday, December 10, 2019

Countdown to Christmas


Last week, I reported about a cursory interest I might have for Moda's COUNTDOWN TO CHRISTMAS sew-along.  The first block they released was interesting and pretty, and I decided at that point to consider a "someday" red and white sampler.

Since then, things have mushroomed.
I dumped one of my Christmas fabric tubs out onto the bed to see what might be lurking in there that I might use.  (First, note that I said "one of my Christmas fabric tubs", because there are more; actually several more tubs of Christmas fabric)  (!!!)

And suddenly all those cute holiday prints caught my eye, so you guessed it: more and more Christmas blocks have been pieced this week, in addition to the red ones I was originally thinking about.

These red and white blocks will be used in the "Peppermint" layout.

These cute classic Christmas blocks will be used in the "Candy Cane Lane" layout.

And this group of more formal holiday prints will be used in the "Candlelight" layout. 

Moda is also offering two more variations: Gingerbread and Fair Isle.  Just sayin' ...

***************

5 comments:

Libby in TN said...

Love the peppermints!

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

All gorgeous. I love them all!

Robin said...

You have been busy. It looks like a lot of fun. That snowball blocks is stunning.

Robin said...

Oops! I meant snowfall.

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

Lots of pretty red white and green blocks here! I've made a couple of red and white minis and these look like a great way to make more!