Monday, October 21, 2019

Daredevils

Barbara Brackman's weekly sew-along

Woohoo -- I made it through this series of "challenging pieced blocks!" I've just finished up hand appliqueing the circles at the sashing intersections, and I'm very happy with the look of this quilt top -- it makes me think of a circus or a carnival.


The very odd color scheme was taken from this leaf-print fabric.  I wouldn't normally think of combining kiwi, orchid, maroon and gold, but I think the colors have settled themselves together nicely.  As for assembly, the series was indeed challenging, but I got through all of the blocks!


I'm planning to do echo quilting to outline these uncommon shapes.  It'll be a while before I get to that.  Meanwhile, I'm at that exciting moment when I can put this pile of fabric away and have an empty spot on the table in my workroom. 

 Thank you Barbara for yet another great sew-along! 

**********

And just when I thought I had the spam thing eliminated, here comes more junk :(
Moderation on, and maybe closing comments completely if this doesn't improve.

***************