Wednesday, October 16, 2019

Autumn Bouquet



I've made some color decisions about TREASURES FROM THE SCRAP BIN, a sew-along being offered by Sharon Keightley.  She has a nice discussion about choosing colors HERE at her blog today.  The original quilt that we're recreating for the sew-along was a multi-color scrappy mix, but I'm going to work with a more limited palette, although still very scrappy.


I am a product-oriented person rather than a process-oriented one.  I usually make quilts for a particular destination instead of just for the experience.  Since this sew-along is more about experimenting with the technique than about the outcome, it was more difficult for me to think about colors: I had no definition or goal to achieve.  I'm amused at myself -- at this stage of my quiltmaking, many decades in, it shouldn't be this hard for me to choose colors!!   

***************

3 comments:

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Hi Jeanne, I'm positive that pretty pinks/reds quilt will be greatly loved by whoever hands it falls into. You are so generous.
Meanwhile, I adore Sharon's designs and will love to follow as you work on this project. Love what you are showing there.

NADINE said...

BRILLIANT ! This is such a wonderful project. Just looking at your fabrics choice makes me salivating, and I just can't wait seeing them coming to life into that wonderful quilt !
I can relate to your "struggle" about colors choices, this is my most difficult part in a project, especially as, most of the time, I'm aiming a quilt to a special person and I'm spending a lot of time wondering if she/he will like it, so I sometimes have to ignore my own préférences…

Enjoy your sewing, Jeanne ;)
xox
Nadine

Libby in TN said...

But we care, not matter its intended destination.