Friday, September 13, 2019

Odds and ends


We picked up six weeks worth of mail at the post office: two new books were waiting for me!  I see several projects that I'll consider doing eventually, and meanwhile it's so nice to have my brain tuned back to the quilting channel. 

**********
Lori at Humble Quilts is starting a new little mystery sew-along called ALMOST AMISH.  Her mystery projects are always small and fun, and since I have all the solid fabrics that it needs in my stash, I'll sew along.

**********
The garden is done for the season.  It's been in the 30s overnight, and nothing was watered the whole time we were away, so everything has just faded to brown.  My house plants all look pretty good -- they perked right up with a good drink.  I'm a bit worried about my sourdough starter, though.  It's been dormant for almost two months, and even with a feeding, it seems slow 
to reawaken. 

***************

1 comment:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I'm going to sew along with Almost Amish, too! I love the colors you've chosen!