Saturday, September 14, 2019

Harvest Moon


The Harvest Moon is the full moon closest to the autumnal equinox.  This year, it's tonight!

I was pleased to get the final row of my Harvest Moon quilt assembled in time for tonight's full moon.  It was just a personal goal, but I got it done!  :)  That's A LOT of hand applique! Still borders and quilting/finishing ahead, but I'm very happy to have made it this far in just about a year on this Bucket List project.

Go outside and dance in the moonlight tonight!

***************

4 comments:

Robin said...

The autumnal equinox is my favorite. This quilt is so lovely and so nice that you can celebrate tonight "by the light of the silvery (full) moon. Congrats on the finish.

Libby in TN said...

Your Harvest Moon quilt is beautiful! I hope we can see the moon here in WV tonight.

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

What a beautiful quilt! You chose a great deadline - congratulations on getting it done on time!

Nancy said...

Beautiful! I must have missed some of these blocks while you were making them because I don't remember seeing the blues before. They add extra interest. Now I wish I'd made this quilt!