Thursday, September 19, 2019

#11 - I Like ...


I like Lorenzo and Lucci rocking in the sunshine
 on my front porch!!  I was delighted to have them 
come for a visit  :)

**********
I like the bread I baked earlier this week!  My sourdough starter has finally slowly reawakened, after its long dormancy while we were away.  Two crusty loaves, and they smelled wonderful! 

**********
I like seeing the sky change from summer to autumn.  Dusk falls earlier, and my morning walk is in semi-darkness.  The moon has been keeping me company in the morning.  Orion will be rising above the horizon and become visible soon, a sure sign of autumn.  The world is settling down for the coming season.

**********

**********
Enjoy more 'I Like' blogs at


***************

8 comments:

Roseanne said...

Hi Jeanne! You do have the cutest grandchildren in the world, certainly. And that photo of the sunsetting sky just looks so beautiful. It does get dark much earlier now, and that's before the time change. I look forward to Fall and even winter as long as we don't get a ton of snow. Happy Thursday to you! ~smile~ Roseanne

LA Paylor said...

Oh the babies! Adorable in those rockers!! How wonderful you have them visit. The bread is beautiful, the star shape on the top and flour make it like art to eat. I have another friend who makes sourdough and always has a loaf going. I love this time of year, the quality of light is different, and there is an anticipation of being able to snuggle into a cozy sweater again soon. Our tree leaves are starting to change despite our near 90 deg days still. The moon has been so pretty.
LeeAnna

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

What fun to have the grandbabies in their cute little rockers on your front porch! Your homemade bread looks yummy! I like the change of the seasons, too - it's happening here with the light being so different and the leaves beginning to fall.

Mary in Boulder said...

Ah, homemade bread; one of the treats of a cold winter day. We'll probably have to wait for a few more months here in Boulder, CO, unless we get a cold snap in November. But your photos have my mouth watering!l

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

What cuties. I love sourdough bread, I need to get a starter going again.

Deb A said...

That bread...... I can smell it from here. Looks heavenly.

PaintedThread said...

That bread looks delicious! The porch looks like the place to be. :-)

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Jeanne I am caught up on your posts now. I just love what you share, all of it. Thanks for the recipe for Cowboy Beans...something I will definitely make...took a photo of it. Love the link to the Christmas sew along and your lovely little churn dash blocks. Two little grandkids sitting in rockers is adorable. And I have to ask...do you make your own sourdough starter? Would you share that recipe if so??? NO pressure but your bread has my mouth watering.