Wednesday, January 16, 2019

Hope's Journey - Chapter 3


In Chapter 3, entitled 'Prairie Fowl', we are reminded of the hard work that was necessary for living on the frontier.  Everyone in the family joined in the chores -- even the very young children were able to help by feeding the chickens.

Game Cocks

Turkey Tracks

And this week I finally finished piecing Ships at Sea from Chapter 1!  This was the extra project where I veered waaaay off course -- the original mat was designed to be 12" x 12", but my version has turned out to be 52" x 70"! 

Be sure to click HERE and see Carol's progress this week.  It's fun to see what a difference our choices of color and print are making even though we are piecing the same blocks!

***************

3 comments:

Nancy said...

I had to chuckle after reading about your Ships at Sea veering way off course. That's quite a difference between the pattern and your finish! Did you enlarge the block size or did you make more? I love your colors for this quilt, Jeanne. Beautiful.

QuiltGranma said...

I've been wanting to make something with Turkey Tracks blocks... in one publication only did I see it referred to as Crows Feet. I want to make at least one for hubby, his next birthday he'll be 80! Wouldn't that be appropriate? I'll have to look for that book, looks like lots of info that I enjoy!

Angie said...

This is really captures my fancy!