Wednesday, December 5, 2018

Hope's Journey


It's sleeting and snowing outside.  I was able to stay home all day, doing some cooking and some puttering.  In particular, I had a pleasant time browsing through this new book:
Hope's Journey by Betsy Chutchian

It just arrived the other day -- I was looking forward to it, and I wasn't disappointed!  

The book has twelve chapters, and it's designed to be a 'block of the month' type project.   Each chapter has thoughtful historical commentary, instructions for several traditional pieced blocks in varying sizes, and a coordinating small project.  After working one's way through the whole series of chapters/blocks, one is offered several possibilities for assembling the blocks into various scrappy sampler quilts. 

In addition to the fact that this book is based on traditional piecing, I'm especially pleased with all the options it offers.  I'm absolutely planning to do all the blocks and at least one of the final sampler quilts.  It's likely that I'll also do many of the small projects as I go along, just to use up more stash.  I'll certainly be working on this more rapidly than
one chapter a month.

I've already pulled an assortment of FQs, colors and backgrounds, so I'm ready to get going!  Anybody else thinking about working on Hope's Journey?


***************

3 comments:

Libby in TN said...

First I've heard of it. Since I am participating in the hand-quilting group, I'll have to say "no" but it sure sounds like fun.

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

It looks like a great book and I am glad it has you excited to follow along. I look forward to seeing your blocks and projects.

Anonymous said...

Hey Thanks for sharing this valuable information with us. I will come back to your site and keep sharing this information with us. Win Prizes by taking surveys