Tuesday, December 4, 2018

A fun little winter project


I bought this fabric panel last fall, because it looks a lot like our house, including the picket fence and pine tree background.  It got tucked into a pile of "stuff" and forgotten ... and then it wasn't winter any more.

So here it is, another winter, and I'm taking another lap around my quilty to-do list.  I'm going to work on the snowmen panel this week, and see if I can get it into use this year.  My action plan is to trim it to a logical size, add a snowflake border to enlarge it, and then finish it with some simple outline quilting and red binding. 

**********
A couple of similar serendipitous 'red house treasures', 
stumbled upon at long-ago garage sales.  These are both hung going up the staircase during winter.


***************

1 comment:

Libby in TN said...

I thought it WAS your house on first glance!