Friday, September 14, 2018

Friday

Today was the final installment of
 Temecula Quilt Company's

We've been making these little 4" blocks each week for eons.  Assembly turned out to be quick and easy once I looked carefully at the layout diagram.  This is a small quilt -- only 30" x 40" -- and I may decide later to add more borders, but at this point I'm done according to the 'official' instructions.  Meh, it's OK... but it's not my favorite quilt. 

I presently have two other sew-alongs in the works: Barbara Brackman's Antebellum Album BOM, and Moda's Blockheads 2 series.  They're both fine, but I'm feeling kind of samplered-out these days.  In the case of the Blockheads project, it seems to me that some of the block styles don't especially coordinate with some of the others.  Some are modern and only have six pieces, and others are traditional and have 40, so the 'texture' of the blocks seems off.  I'm picking  and choosing which ones I want to include, and may very well decide to end that one early.  And at one block a month, the Brackman project continues to drift along … I'm afraid I've lost momentum on it, sigh.   I'm not quite sure where to take my quiltmaking efforts and attentions next.  Maybe something Halloween-y?  Or maybe one of the cross-stitch projects I was daydreaming about last week?
  
***************

2 comments:

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

I like that quirkly little quilt, especially with the sashing. I too have tired of blocks. I decided last time I did a block follow along that I would just choose blocks I liked instead of following someone else's choices. There are some pretty ones among the ones they choose, but like you said, some of them don't seem to fit the theme or my mood. I am itching to start a Halloween quilt. I just saw a really nice one today here: http://madebymarney.com/2018/09/10/more-free-halloween-paper-pieced-blocks/

Unknown said...

Hi Jeanne, I've printed all of the Temecula patterns and will probably make some small quilts from a selection of the blocks.. most are cute and fun. If you have run out of momentum on your projects, I have several I would be happy to send to you to finish up for me... LOL. Have a peaceful Sunday!