Monday, September 10, 2018

Better late than never ...


For the past several weeks, Julie at Julie K Quilts has been running a quilt-along challenge called LOG CABIN LOONIES.  Her suggested blocks are very small, and she's making approximately a million or so of them.

Lots of bloggers have been admiring her progress, and have been sharing their own versions of the challenge.  I was too preoccupied last month with family activities to participate, but now that September is here, I've been inspired by others' log cabin progress, and have been hankering to do some log cabin blocks of my own.

After sorting through that scrap bag I mentioned the other day, I've settled on 10" half log blocks for my own log project.  My blocks all have the same light center.  The logs are random widths and colors, with no rhyme or reason.  The final logs are always solid red, but also of varying widths.  My goal is to deplete the scrap bag, so it remains to be seen how many blocks I'll make.

Log cabin quilts are my all-time favorites, and I've made several dozen of them through the years -- some of the more recent ones HERE.  I made many earlier ones before blogging also ... and here comes yet another one :)

***************

5 comments:

Julierose said...

You've done a lot of beautiful settings on your log cabins...lovely works hugs, Julierose

Cathy said...

Oh, gosh...I can't believe all the varied Log Cabins you have made! Nice!
That scrap bag looks like it is full of 70s calicoes. Love whatever fabrics they are. They look nice together.

Caryl @ cinnamon holiday workshop said...

Wow....you have done a lot of log cabin quilts. Thanks for sharing!

julieQ said...

I have been out of town, but it is treat to come back and see what the Loonies have been up to! I love your blocks so much!!

Lisa England said...

Very cool! Having a constant color for the middles and edges is a great idea. There will be so many wonderful setting possibilities for these blocks.