Friday, July 20, 2018

Snowflakes in July


Sarah at Confessions of A Fabric Addict is currently offering a Twelve Days of Christmas sew-along.  I hadn't planned to participate -- although the quilt she's working on is pretty, so it stuck in my mind.

Meanwhile this week I've been diligently assembling apple blocks in an effort to consume a collection of apple novelty fabrics that have been aging in my stash for years.  But we do know how one thing leads to another … and some snowflake novelty fabrics living in that same storage tub suddenly started waving at me also :)

I unearthed them and sure enough: they were appropriate for a small version of the sew-along.
I was only able to squeeze 15 blocks out of the bundle of snowflake stash, but I'm delighted to report that I USED IT ALL UP!  Borders next, and then there will be no more snowflakes in my novelty stash!!!

Back to the apples tomorrow …

***************

1 comment:

Libby in TN said...

Very nice! It is a pretty design and I would be doing it, too, if I didn't have so many other projects in the works.