Thursday, February 15, 2018

Not Baker's Dozen after all


The latest subject of my  "Purge the Workroom" effort ...

So this started out last autumn as Jen Kingwell's Baker's Dozen.  It spent the holiday season languishing as the bottom layer on my design wall, and finally saw the light of day again this week.  My interest in and vision for the original project has apparently changed quite a bit in the meantime, and this is where it's ending up.  The center medallion is true to the pattern, but after that things took their own direction.


Maybe I'll call it Carnival.

**********
So far this week:

Shaun White (our hometown boy!) won his snowboard half-pipe gold medal at the Winter Olympics VS. the government is in shambles, and getting worse every day.

I saw a red-shouldered hawk perched right outside the window VS. 17 killed today in yet another school shooting, in Florida this time.

It's getting more and more difficult to maintain balance and hope.  This is a quilting and homelife blog, and I normally don't include political content, but the world is getting more grim by the day.   I'm sad a lot.

***************

1 comment:

Libby in TN said...

I'm with you, Jeanne. I just try to focus on the things I can do to improve the situation.