Thursday, December 28, 2017

Yankee Diary

This is the final month of Barbara Brackman's 2017 BOM series, YANKEE DIARY .

This month, Abraham Lincoln's assassination was discussed. The corresponding block is called
Yankee Mourning
The block design is reminiscent of a commemorative mourning cockade.

My top is assembled!

It is my plan to add a navy print border, and do some primitive 'big stitch' quilting with this assortment of
red threads.   

Thanks, Barbara, for another informative series!  My applique skills are primitive indeed, so this year has been a particular challenge for me.

The 2018 series, entitled ANTEBELLUM ALBUM will begin in January.

***************

2 comments:

Kate said...

A lovely quilt top. I'm looking forward to seeing the antebellum.

AnnieO said...

Beautiful! The big stitching will look wonderful on these blocks.