Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Yankee Diary



Today Barbara Brackman shared the introduction and fabric requirements for Yankee Diary, her upcoming 2017 block of the month series, set to begin the last Wednesday in January.

It will be a sampler quilt inspired by the diary of a young girl who lived in New York in the mid-1800s.  Both piecing and applique will be included, and the blocks will be variable in size and placement.  In general, it will feature a somewhat 'patriotic' theme.  I'm looking forward to it!

Meanwhile, I've come to an **unsatisfactory** conclusion with my Morris Hexathon blocks.  Those hexies really whipped my butt!  I gave up on making the blocks halfway through the series.  My assembled and quilted results are no better. 
Sigh.  You win some, you lose some ...

***************

No comments: