Monday, May 30, 2016

Because one can never have too many sewing machines ...



One of the activities we always enjoy over Memorial Day weekend is garage sale shopping.  It's a REALLY big event here in Bear Valley.  We make lots of impulse purchases, and enjoy socializing with our community. 

This year I ran across a vintage sewing machine that had to come home with me. (!)  It is exactly like my Mom's machine from the 1950s, the one I learned to sew on.  I don't know what happened to hers -- it  disappeared after I left home, many many years ago.  But here was another one, in excellent running condition, and at the right price ... and even though I already have **several** sewing machines, I now also have a Singer 15-91 enjoying a place of honor in the bay window in the living room.  The memories it is calling to mind are priceless!

***************  

1 comment:

Quilting Babcia said...

Nice find! I learned to FMQ on a 15-91 - loved it! I wish I still had it but we needed to sell some of the vintage (heavy) machines before we moved to the east coast. You will love that machine for FMQ, it has way more visibility than most of the newer machines. Have fun!