Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Long-range project planning

 
... as in: eleven years!
 
Here's a kit I purchased in 2004,
which has been curing in its box ever since.
 
The project is a large appliqued  quilt, called
 Christmas Memories - A Christmas Quilt for Emily, 
designed long ago by Blackbird Designs. 
The original quilt featured a subdued palette,
even softer and more blendy than this example I recently found online. 
 
  Many years ago I discovered a place (no longer in business) that offered kits for this quilt in
bright vibrant alternative fabrics.
 
  I didn't have the skill at that time to even begin working on it, so it's been waiting for me. 
 For a long time.
 
We are going to be travelling on an extended road trip this fall, and an intense hand applique project will be just the thing for a take-along.
 
So now, finally, I'm absorbed with
 rearranging block placement, 
 
organizing backgrounds,
 
and prepping applique shapes. 
 
In a few more Christmases
it may finally become a quilt!
 
***************

1 comment:

CecileD said...

In a few more Christmases ???
No, I am sure we will admire it all done at the end of the year !