Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Holiday logs

While I was tidying up some fabric storage tubs last month, I ran across the scraps from this quilt and this quilt, both completed in 2011.  Since the holiday season is approaching, I decided to use some of the scraps for log cabin blocks.  As the project evolved, a few stars wandered into the block pile also.  The long proportion of this rectangle was intentional -- the quilt will be used over the high back of a particular chair.  And needless to say, the scraps were not consumed, and will live on in future projects. 
 

This is quilt #562 on my lifetime list of quilt completions.  I make utility quilts, not art.  The very great majority of my quilts are traditional pieced designs.  I always work scrappy, and I usually use reproduction-style fabrics.  Quilting in general, and my style choices in particular, make me feel connected to all the other women who have been making quilts to keep others warm, both past and present.

I'm linking to Scraptastic Tuesday.  Lots of scrappy inspiration there to enjoy!

***************

4 comments:

Nicky said...

I like both quilts and this new addition! I'm sure you are right about the scraps - we never get to the end of them! Thanks for linking up to #scraptastictuesday

Alcea Rosea 31 said...

I love the combination of star and log cabin blocks. It is a charming quilt. I need something similar for our rocking chair. Thank you for the idea.

Angie said...

Love this star log cabin quilt, Jeanne--it is gorgeous.

Cathy said...

I love it! A log cabin has been on my to-do list for a long time. Yours is lovely!