Last week, while I was stash-diving to find fabrics for my upcoming Austen Family Album project, I ran across a bag of weird scraps. They were leftovers from this quilt, which I made in a workshop in 2011. (Am I the only one who has scrap bags like this squirreled away? And why do I save this kind of stuff?) Anyway, that had been a "twister" type project, so all the scraps were diagonal cuts and bias strips.
Yesterday, while tidying up from the stash-pulling mess I'd created, I started to sew some crumb centers using the diagonal bits. One thing led to another, and I now have one less scrap bag and one more block set. One step closer to becoming a real quilt, probably a comfort quilt, one of these days.
This sewing frenzy had nothing to do with anything -- I think it was just an emotional reaction to having my time and energy no longer consumed with the responsibility of caring for Dad, just a release. I think the care facility is going to work out for him -- so far, so good and we've got our fingers crossed.
And now back to our regularly-scheduled quilt projects ...