Monday, March 3, 2014

RSC14 - March/teal

 
This month's RSC14 assignment is TEAL.
 
I scrounged through my scraps and came up with a small mound of teal-ish pieces.  Because my scraps are mostly 1800s repros, the colors are dustier than the fabrics being used by many of the other RSC14 participants -- nothing "tropical" happening here :) 
 
Got the mess organized into large and small bits. 

Decided on a plan of attack and cut 3" and 2 1/2" squares.
 
Sewed up the first few 6" shoofly blocks, 
with plenty more to come. 

This is what I'll be aiming for, but all of my shoofly blocks will be scrappy teals on tan, (no reds, pinks etc).
For the alternate blocks perhaps I'll use a piece of plaid I have on hand ... need to piece a few more shooflies to get a good color audition.  

I'm not sure if I'll get anything else started this month, so this may be my NewFO2014 project for March.
More RSC14 TEAL inspiration HERE
 
***************

1 comment:

Karen said...

Your shoofly blocks are beautiful. I look forward to seeing the completed quilt.