Thursday, January 24, 2013

One more start - PINK

A beautiful pink sunrise over our nearby mountains ...
 
We're in the final stretch of  PINK month at Rainbow Scrap Challenge
 
My new Primitive Quilts and Projects magazine came in yesterday's mail, and this Star Strings project by Pam Buda immediately caught my eye ... so yet another block set has been begun.   
 
My stars are 8", twice as big as those in the magazine project.  Two a month in the various RSC13 colors will give me a nice set of blocks for a coverlet at the end of the year.
 
 
My RSC13 wrap-up for January is:
 
runner made from leftover HSTs (finished!)
9-patch blocks (10 per month, ongoing all year)
chunky churndash blocks (four per month, ongoing all year)
string star blocks (two per month, ongoing all year)
 
I can't wait to find out what February's color is going to be!!
 
***************