Monday, November 28, 2011

Monday

Made some good progress on the second clue of  Bonnie Hunter's  Orca Bay mystery over the weekend!  I just need to finish up a few more of these little string blocks, and the remaining fifty little hourglasses from last week, and I'll be all caught up.  My color scheme inspiration for this quilt is Granny Smith apples :)

********** 

We had a lovely time yesterday afternoon enjoying a matinee performance of A Christmas CarolOur community theater group is active and talented, and we always attend their productions.  Scrooge just sets the mood for the holiday season!  Ha, someday maybe I'll be Mrs. Fezziwig :)

**********
GRATITUDES

1.  Back to normal after Thanksgiving -- refrigerator cleared of odd leftovers, guest bedding and towels washed, tablecloths and napkins ironed and put away
2.  Flickers in the birch tree this morning
3.  The warm homey yeasty smell of bread baking

***************

5 comments:

Leeanne said...

Oh I love these colours! I had to skip step one as I couldn't get the specialty rulers in New Zealand, so while waiting for those I have started step 2...have fun!

Diane said...

I like the colors your using too! Nothing like live theater to get you in the spirit.

Ellen said...

I love your colour inspiration - your blocks look great.

Saska said...

would you believe I started this one too? Haven't posted any pictures, but I'm getting there.

Candace said...

Oooo, gorgeous blocks.I'm liking green more and more