Thursday, March 17, 2011

ABC meme

I've seen this on several blogs recently, and decided to give it a try.  I haven't done a meme in ages!

A. Age: 58
B. Bed size: queen
C. Chore you dislike: cleaning the bathrooms
D. Dogs: Jess, a 12-year-old Aussie cattle dog, and Elvis, an 8-year-old beagle/basset mix
E. Essential start to your day: looking out the window at the beautiful sky before I lift my head from the pillow
F. Favorite color: green
G. Gold or silver: gold
H. Height: 5’ 5″
I. Instruments you play(ed): piano, as a child
J. Job title: homemaker/caregiver/quilter
K. Kids: two wonderful adult sons ... and two wonderful DILs
L. Live: high in the mountains in California
M. Mom’s name: June
N. Nicknames: I was an elementary school librarian in a bilingual school for many years.  My Spanish-speaking students couldn't easily pronounce my name, so they (and eventually everyone else) called me "Mrs. Liberry"
O. Overnight hospital stays: two kids, hysterectomy, two total knee replacements
P. Pet peeves: people who are disrespectful
Q. Quote: "You did then what you knew how to do, and when you knew better, you did better." Maya Angelou 
R. Righty or lefty: strongly righthanded
S. Siblings: one younger brother, deceased
T. Time you wake up: 6 am
U. Underwear: yes
V. Vegetables you don’t like: asparagus
W. What makes you run late: waiting for someone else who's not ready -- I'm an on-time person
X. X-rays you’ve had: teeth, knees, breasts, foot
Y. Yummy food you make: shortbread cookies
Z. Zoo animal favorites: not really zoo animals, but I especially like small mammals such as raccoons, foxes, rabbits, squirrels 
 
***************

2 comments:

Alice said...

This was fun! I especially got a kick out of Mrs. Liberry!

Saska said...

I like the Mrs. Libbery too.

I had to stop and think about how many years it had been since I had actually been to a zoo. We have enough creatures around us to be a zoo!