Saturday, March 13, 2010

Saturday

Aaaaah, I'm beginning to get spring fever! The weather is bright and windy, and the snow mounds are shrinking fast. I can even see little nubs of daffodils beginning to poke up in the mud under the aspen trees. I'm in the mood for gardening (not yet, but soon) and Farmer's Market (opening in three weeks!) and garage sales. I've got my fingers crossed that we don't get any more snow -- topping out the season at 115" will do nicely, thank you.

I rummaged through the drawer in the armoire and came up with this well-aged cross stitch project. It hasn't seen the light of day since 2008, but maybe its time has come. I'm enjoying sitting at the table in the sunroom and stitching a bit and watching the world go by. And I'm thinking that Mitre-Saw Man could probably make a picture frame in whatever size I'll need.

**********
GRATITUDES

1. A mug of tasty corn chowder for lunch
2. Tony singing along with Cat Stevens as he primes and paints his new doorframes
3. The dogs standing in the sun with their heads up and their eyes closed, just sniffing the air

***************