Sunday, September 27, 2009

A Mellow Sunday

GRATITUDES

1. Cream of wheat for breakfast -- haven't had it in ages
2. Good neighbors
3. Several new recipes I'm anxious to try
4. Al Jarreau songs running through my mind
5. Rocking on the front porch in the autumn sunshine
6. A pot of spaghetti sauce with meatballs and sausage simmering on the stove all afternoon -- mmmmm, the whole house smelled good! (The Cook got a thank-you kiss from The Diner)
7. Lighting the candles at dusk
8. A nice glass of chianti with dinner
9. Feather pillows and bright quilts

********************

4 comments:

black bear cabin said...

mmmmmm i love cream of wheat and havent had it in ages either...perhaps ill pick some up this week :)
sounds like a wonderful Sunday!

Unknown said...

I've never heard of it over this side of the pond - I'm intrigued

Anonymous said...

Hi,
I'm Annalisa from Italy (Sardinia) and I love spaghetti and Chianti (or Montepulciano wine)too.:D
Hugs
Annalisa

Meggie said...

What a lovely life you paint with your gratitudes!